It would be interesting to know more about the Earth Answers group working with you. By using Navigator as my browser, am I unable to view some things which you put on your web site?
1. Have you developed a working computer model which can be viewed through the internet for the motions of the earth/sun/moon that shows way the time cycles converge?
2. Lev.23:24 – Does the “one” of the seventh month referred to in this passage necessarily fall on the first day of the seventh lunar month? If not, what range of days might it be, or does it even have to occur every calendar year?
3. You used zero as the starting point when you wrote both that the first 1000-year day would equal the years 0 to 999, and that the Great Year 1 would have occurred beginning year zero (refer to your e-mail of 17.8.98). There is no year 0. We are in the custom of saying, for instance, that someone is one year old after celebrating his/her 1st birthday, which actually marks the completion of one year. Biblically, once a thing begins it is in its first year and is reckoned as such, even if, for example, a king’s reign lasted for only part of a given year, he is usually considered to have ruled for x years. The first decade would have been from year one through the tenth year. The 20th century actually began at the beginning of 1901, 1900 bringing to an end the tenth decade of the 18th century. The Jubilee is celebrated in and during the 50th year. In Lev.25 YHVH instructs that the trumpet should sound on the 10th day of the seventh month, the Day of Atonements, which actually falls about mid-way between the first month of the year and the end of the year.
4. The 120 years God gave to mankind before the flood may perhaps correspond to these last days in that the Jews officially began to return to the land of Israel (as promised by the LORD Himself) in 1880. God has made Israel a visible example of His dealings with mankind and with nations, both in giving honor and in showing His displeasure. The humble confidence of the Christian is in God’s remaining faithful to all His covenant obligations to redeem and save sons of Adam who repent and put their trust in God through the anointed Prophet , High Priest, and King – Jesus – and to save “all Israel” ( the remnant which the prophets foretold), despite our history (which would have been the same history for any other people chosen to be God’s first-born).
From: Howard Bass
To: James Dwyer
Date: Monday, March 29, 1999 10:32 AM
Subject: Eclipses and other Things
Thanks again for your patient answers to my questions.
Regarding the crucifixion, I wouldn’t think that it’s occurrence was “one day in advance of a possible New Moon” since from the New Testament eyewitness account, Jesus was sacrificed on the 14th or 15th of Nisan (the first Hebrew month), and therefore the day after the mid-lunar Full Moon, being Passover.
The other question regarding the solar movements is more simply to ask if whether from your findings –standing on earth–can it be ascertained if the earth revolves around the sun or vice-versa, or a combination of both (like the Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe deduced from his observations).
Thanks again for your indulgence and your most interesting research.
At 10:32 31/03/99 -0600, you wrote:
In reference to your correspondence, I need to ask you a question in return, but first let me try to clear up your question concerning the motions. Continue reading “ECLIPSES AND OTHER THINGS”
Thanks again for your last communication, and if I can provide you any suitable information I will be glad to do so.
I do want to return to a question I asked earlier regarding verse 24 in Leviticus chapter 23, if perhaps you can explain to me the significance of “the one of the month (renewal).
– Does it necessarily imply the first day of the seventh month?
– Does the “one of the seventh month” occur each calendar year?
– Is it related to the concurrence of the first day of the seventh month with the first day of autumn at the fall equinox (which I think is Sept. 21), which is the case this year?
It is very probable, as you have mentioned, that longer periods are involved in these “set times”, as well as regular, smaller intervals of time: the partial fulfillment bearing witness to a sure and ultimate full-fillment, or filling full.
Thanks for your correspondence. I will address your question in reference to the Bible Book of Leviticus (Chapter 23:24) concerning the “the seventh renewal, the one of the renewal”… but I may not be able to provide a complete answer (… and sorry for the length of time taken for the current reply).
Because there are 49 lunar phases (plus 3.5 days) in one solar circuit then the date: ‘the seventh renewal, the one of the renewal’ has to occur on at least one of these 49 occurrences. Continue reading “RE: RENEWAL TIME”
Thanks again for your speedy response. Without wanting to be argumentative, I think that your Great Years calculation confirms that Jesus’ birth was during the 4th 1000-year day, even if towards the very end of it.
Looking ahead and up,
Israel has reverted to regular time, going off summer clock (DST in American parlance) this past week.
No, we are not Unitarians, which as far as I understand, do not accept the deity of Christ, and therefore not the triune God who has revealed Himself as being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Continue reading “ANSWERS”
Thanks for the facinating facts concerning your migration to Israel. We are extremely glad to have you in our correspondence, and hopefully, you can help resolve some questions that we currently have (concerning historical details, and other technical matters).
Thanks also for pointing out the difference in the scrolling title (between Netscape and Microsoft Browsers). (I don’t think this scrolling difference has an easy solution and we will probably have to leave it like it is).
As far as additional reasons for the current website, I would probably need to turn toward my religious training and background. Through the years I have become absolutely convinced that a Supernatural Realm really does exist. (This is more than a belief for I actually ‘know’ that God exists). Continue reading “REASONS”
Thanks again for taking time to correspond with me. I deeply regret that your disaffection for placing your personal faith and confidence in the reliable composite evidence given in the Bible regarding the absolute power and authority of God and of Christ Jesus to fully subject all things to fulfill His revealed purposes lies in part with your affiliation with a group which required you to keep the modern Jewish calendar (which, as you have learned, is mixed with man-made calculations), and in particular to insist that a Christian should fast on the Day of Atonements.
The glorious truth is that Christ’s death and resurrection forever accomplished what GOD demanded for redemption and to satisfy His righteousness and justice. It is a finished work! It is as a believer matures more fully into apprehending the love and glory of God in giving His blood upon the altar for atonement that he is sanctified and ever more thankful for the extent of God’s mercy to include the likes of him. Continue reading “REVELATION”
Thanks again for your response to my “chewing the cud”, as I seek to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, who is, as He said of Himself, the way, the truth, and the life, and that no one comes to the Father but through Him. Only God who came to us in the flesh in the person of Jesus the Nazarene, could make such a claim and be vindicated by God (in His being resurrected from among the dead in what you might call a ‘special resurrection or new creation’) as speaking the truth in such a serious and profound matter, which has challenged humankind throughout history.
While it is true that the Christian faith is only dated from the period of the writings of the New Testament, yet the faith of the Christian (one who believes in, follows, and belongs to the Messiah, who is established to be Jesus) embraces all of the promises of the one true living God, ever since He promised the good news to Adam and Eve that the Seed of the Woman would crush the head of the serpent and his seed (Gen. 3:15; Rom. 1:1-4; Rev. 14:6). Continue reading “CHRISTIAN FAITH”
Shabbat Shalom, James,
As I was looking through some miscellaneous scraps of paper this morning, I came across a note that may be of interest to you. Distinguished from all other days, the seventh day, when God ceased from all His work which He had done/made, is the only one which does not begin with evening followed by morning (Gen. 2:1-3).
From God’s perspective (if I may reverently so say), the Sabbath brings to an end His work creatively and prophetically, and divides time between the kingdoms of this world and the Kingdom of God/Heaven which is not of this world/cosmos/aeon (John 18:36), between that which is flesh from that which is spirit (John 3:5-7): it is a transition day. even as the millenial kingdom will be , dividing time from eternity, when time is no more, symbolized now by the ‘one’, the ‘eighth’ eternal day going outside the repetitive cyclical passage of a week of days. Jesus, whose birth and life ,death and burial fulfilled the Sabbath even as He fulfills all the other appointed times and feasts of the LORD, carried on the redemptive work of the Father (John 5:15-47) to both restore and to reconcile all things to God. Continue reading “SABBATH TIME”