Statement of Faith for Nachalat Yeshua (Yeshua’s Inheritance) Messianic Congregation – Beer Sheva, Israel
- We believe the Bible – including both the Old and the New Testaments – to be the fully authoritative, final, and God-inspired written word and revelation of God to man concerning Himself and His Son, His Kingdom, all things pertaining to life and godliness, to salvation and judgment, to things visible and invisible, to history (with particular respect to the land and the people of Israel, through whom Messiah came), and which Word shall be fulfilled by God through His Son Jesus Christ in its entirety and to perfection.
Gen 1 – 11; Deut 4:12-14; 18:15-22; Is 8:20; Ps 12:6; 138:2; Prov 30:4-6; Mt 5:17-19; 24:35; John 10:35; 14:6; 1Cor 2:13; 10:11; 1Tim 2:5-6; 2Tim 3:16-17; 2Pet 1:19-21; Rev 22:18-19
- We believe that YHVH (LORD) is God, and that YHVH our God is one, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. YHVH God is the Creator of the heavens and the Earth (the Universe) and the Redeemer of His creation.
Gen 1 – 2; Ex 20:3; Deut 6:4-5; Is 48:16; Jer 23:5-6; Mt 3:16-17; 12:31-32; 28:19; John 1:1; 5:19-23; 10:30-38; Acts 5:3-4; 1Cor 2; 8:5-6; 12:4-6; 2Cor 13: 14; Col 1:15-17
- We believe We believe in the Deity and the Humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, who came, and is coming again, in the flesh, sent by God the Father to redeem and to save sinners through the forgiveness of sins; in His virgin conception and birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles; in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, pardoning and cleansing us from all guilt, shame, and uncleanness; in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of Power, and in His future personal return in great power and glory. Our knees bow and our tongues confess that Jesus Christ is LORD to the glory of God the Father.
Gen 3:15; Lev 16; Is 7:14; 9:6-7; 48:16; Mt 1:18-23; 11:2-5; 16:15-18; 24:30; Lk 3:23-38; John 1:29; 5:18-27; 10:36; 17:3-8; 19:19-20; Acts 1:11; Rom 3:21-22; 9:3-5; 1Cor 12:3; Philp 2:6-11; 1Pet 2:22-24; 1John 4:2
- We believe that Messiah died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures; and that He was seen by Cephas, then of the twelve. After that, He was seen by more than 500 brethren at once. . . . After that, He was seen by James, then of all the apostles. By His resurrection from among the dead, the Son of Man, Jesus Christ, is openly shown to be the Son of God.
Gen 22:1-14; Ex 12:1-28; Is 52: 13 – 53:12; Hos 6:2; Jonah 1:17; Ps 16:10; Mt 12:40; 16:21; 27:62-64; Lk 24:46; John 2:19-22; Rom 1:3-4; 1Cor 5:7-8; 15:3-7
- We believe We believe that Man was originally created in the image and in the likeness of God, but afterwards sinned by disobeying God his Creator, thus causing alienation between him and God, and between the man and his wife. That historic fall brought all mankind and the entire creation under divine judgment and its consequences. Man’s nature is corrupted, and he is thus totally unable to please God. Since man is incapable of saving himself from his inherent separation and opposition to the Holy God, he is in need of a Savior. He must repent and be regenerated by the Holy Spirit through the obedience of faith in the LORD. No one can see nor enter the Kingdom of God unless and until he is born again by the Holy Spirit from above through believing that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God. This new birth is essential to salvation, in accordance with the New Covenant and the grace and truth of God. Jesus is the first-born of the creation of God by His resurrection from among the dead.
Gen 1:26-27; 3; 6:5; Lev 16; Is 1; 6:1-7; 59:2; Jer 17:9; 31:31-34; Ezek 36:16-37; Job 42:5-6; Mt 15:17-20; John 3: 3-7; Acts 2:36-39; 4:8-12; Rom 1:18; 3:20; 5:12; 7:21-25; 8:20; 2Cor 5:14-21; Eph 2:1-4; Col 1:18; Tit 3:3-7
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling believing Christians can be assured of their relationship with God their Father through personal abiding faith in the truth of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit gives power to bear witness to Messiah in His exaltation; to equip the believer to serve the Lord and His interests according to his calling and gifting; to live a progressively sanctified life pleasing to God through obedience with faith to the teachings of Messiah and of His apostles in the New Testament. The Holy Spirit is at work in the world to convict persons of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.
Ex 31:1-11; 1Sam 10:6-11; Is 11:1-5; 61:1-3; Joel 2:28-32; Mt 5 – 7; John 16:8-15; Acts 1:8; 2:1-21; Rom 8:14-17; 12:6-8; 1Cor 11:23-32; 12 – 14; 2Cor 6:14 – 7:1; Gal 4:1-7; 5:16-26; Eph 4:7-16; Rev 3:19-22
- We believe that all the promises of God, which He has sworn through His covenants with Abraham, with Isaac, with Jacob, and with David, and to Messiah Himself, to be ‘yes’ and ‘amen’ in Christ Jesus. All of God’s purposes will be fulfilled regarding the people and the land of Israel – and for all other peoples and nations – according to His sovereign wisdom and Word, which abides forever. The Lord Jesus Himself will return to Jerusalem from Heaven to establish the Kingdom of God over all the Earth for 1000 years. Afterwards shall the eternal new heavens and new earth be created for those who have loved God and His Son, Jesus our Lord.
Gen 8:20 – 9:17; 22:15-18; 26:2-5; 28:13-15; Is 2:2-4; 11:6-9; 19:23-25; 64:4; 65:17-25; Jer 23:7-8; 31:31-37; 33:14-26; Ezek 36 – 48; Hos 2:16-18; Zech 12 – 14; Ps 2; 89:3-4; 110:1-4; Mt 6:9-13; 23:37-39;Lk 2:10-14,25-35; Acts 1:9-11; Rom 9 – 11; 1Cor 2:9-16; 2Cor 1:20; 2Pet 3:13; Rev 19 – 22
- We believe in the resurrection of both the believer and of the unbeliever. At physical death, the believer enters immediately into the eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessedness. At physical death, the unjustified enters immediately into eternal, conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting shame and condemnation. God has appointed the Lord Jesus as Judge of both the living and the dead.
Ecc 12:13-14; Dan 12:2; Mt 10:28; 25:31-46; Mk 9:42-48; Lk 16:19-31; John 5:21-30; Acts 24:14-16; Rom 2:16; 14:7-11; 1Cor 15:12-57; 2Cor 5:1-11; Philp 1:23; 1Thes 4:13-17; 5:1-10; 2Tim 2:19; Heb 6:1-2; 9:27-28; Rev 14:9-11; 20:6-15
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all the elect of God – both Jews and gentiles of whatever people and tribes – within the historic, universal, and local church as the Body and the Bride of Messiah, over whom Jesus is Head. Every believer is baptized into the Name of the Lord and is joined to Him and all others who are in Messiah, by the enabling and indwelling of the Holy Spirit, through faith, being made a holy and royal priesthood, by the grace and mercies of God. Evidence of this unity is shown by love for one another for Messiah’s sake.
Is 49:6; 56:3-8; Mt 8:11; Mk 12:29-31; John 10:16; 13:14, 34-35; 17; Rom 4:11; 12:4-5; 1Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:9; Eph 2:15-22; 4:1-3; Col 1:18; Heb 7:12; 10:24; 11:2,6; 1Pet 2:9-10
- We believe the devil is a real spirit-being and the author of sin. He is the open and declared enemy of God and of humankind, and he shall be punished eternally in the lake of fire. His work today is to hinder God’s purposes and to bring dishonor to the Holy Name of God the Father and to His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, working amongst both believers and unbelievers to accomplish his evil. The Lord Jesus Christ openly defeated Satan and his works on the cross through His sacrificial death to take away the sin of the world. Every believer in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ has authority to overcome the works of the devil in his own life now (and ultimately forever), and to take authority over the enemy in God-given areas of responsibility.
Gen 3; Job 1:9-11; Mt 25:41; Lk 10:19; John 8:44; 10:10; 2Cor 2:10-11; Eph 6:13-18; Col 1:9-14; 2:15; James 4:7; 1Pet: 5:8-9; 1John 2:9-29; Rev 12:9; 19:11 – 20:6
- We believe the teachings of our Lord and of His apostles that all who live godly lives in Messiah Jesus will suffer persecution, and that theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
Gen 4:3-15; Mt 5:10-12; Mk 10:28-30; John 16:33; Acts 7:52; 9:16; 14:22; Rom 8:14-25,36; Philp 1:29; 3:8-11; 2Tim 3:12; 1Pet 4:16; Heb 5:7-8; 13:12-14; 1John 3:12; Rev 14:12-13
- We believe that it is the responsibility and the honor of all who believe and hope in God through Jesus Christ to proclaim the gospel to all nations, and to pray that they may come to repentance and faith unto salvation, which is the will of God. We have received the ministry of reconciling persons to God through Messiah. Jesus commanded His disciples to make other disciples and to immerse them into the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that He has commanded us. Jesus is with us all the days until the end of the age to fulfill all the Father’s purposes of redemption, bringing all things into subjection to Himself.
Is 49:5-7; 52:7-10; 61:1-2; Ezek 18:19-32; Mt 28:18-20; Mk 16:15-16; Lk 24:47-48; John 14:6; Acts 1:8; 1Cor 15:24-28; 2Cor 5:11,18-21; Eph 1:7-12; 6:15; 1Tim 2:1-6; Heb 3:7 – 4:16; 10:19-39
Thanks to God that you share the same love for Him and His Word, Edi.
Blessings in abundance as you enjoy the Passover and the Resurrection of the Lord every day, and in a special way this weekend!
I visited you last year with the Watchmans School of ministry, so having now viewed your statement of faith, it doesn’t surprise me that its scripturally based truth shines out so clearly! It is so thrilling to see the Truth so simply yet strongly proclaimed and owned as your Congregation’s foundation.
Joy and blessings to you all!
thank you Howard for this
Praise God for His grace and truth through Yeshua! Bless you, Joanne.
CIAO A TUTTI MI CHIAMO RENATO HO TROVATO QUESTO VOSTRO SITO E MI INTERESSA MOLTISSIMO QUELLO CHE FATE E CREDETE .QUANTO VORREI ANCH’IO SE POSSIBILE PORMI ASSIEME A VOI IN FRATELLANZA . AMO MOLTISSIMO IL MESSIANESIMO MA NON SONO EBREO . VORREI ASSOCIARMI A VOI SE FOSSE POSSIBILE ANCHE SE MALGRADO TUTTO MI TROVO LONTANO DA ISRAELE.VI SALUTO CON AFFETTO E STIMA . SHALOM !!.
I am so grateful for your Messiah/Yeshua centered – Bible centered mission work. Truth rings so clearly in your confession of faith. Hallelujah!!
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
Peace in the Messiah,
Praise God for His truth setting us free and sanctifying us! Thanks, Jim, for being a co-laborer to
glorify the name of the Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMashiach.