(Shared at opening of new TOS church center in Tubingen, Germany, Sept 9, 2011)
It is difficult to know what will be tomorrow, so I will speak of what I believe to be God’s purpose as we look ahead to what will be four years from now within the Messianic Body in Israel.
1. God, as a Father, is regathering His scattered children – both geographically and also spiritually. He is bringing His dysfunctional family into order. Jewish people are called Children of Israel; Israel is the first-born of nations; Abraham is the father of many nations, and of all who believe; we who believe in Yeshua are children of God through redemption, and Yeshua/Jesus is the first-born of many brothers and sisters. (Eph 3:14-15) The Holy Spirit will be carrying this out through to the last trumpet.
2. The Holy Spirit is fulfilling the Word of God, and will continue to do so through to the end, with 2015 falling somewhere in between. This is extremely important to let sink well into our hearts and minds. We may have our own thoughts and ideas, but the Holy Spirit has completely the mind of God and of Christ/Messiah. We know only in part, and that part as through a cloudy glass.
3. The Holy Spirit will be working in the Messianic Body in Israel – and everywhere else, too, in the world – to bring not only more persons to repentance and faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God, but also to bring the believers to full maturity – to the fullness of the reality of the one new man in Messiah, the image and likeness of the Son of God. (Eph 4:11-16; Col 1:19-23; Gal 6:14-15; Eph 2:14-16) We are a new creation, and are being sanctified and purified.
4. God is not going back to the first century, but finishing what He has begun: bringing to full maturity; bringing in the full harvest at the end of the age; preparing the Bride for the Lamb; preparing us to endure the sufferings and the shame of the cross; answering the prayer of Yeshua for full union and love within those who are hid with Messiah in God (Phlp 1:6; Col 1:28; Mt 13:39; Rev 19:6-9; 1Cor 1:23-25; Heb 13:13; Jn 17:20-26; Is 41:17-20; Col 3:3-4) Our boast is to be in the cross of our Lord and Savior, not buying into the world’s ambitions.
5. The Holy Spirit is preparing the believers and the people of Israel for the hope of the coming of Yeshua.
–Even so, Come, Lord Jesus!
–Blessed is He who comes in the name of YEHOVAH!
— Gentiles still treading down Jerusalem so that the Jews’ heart-cry and hope is only in Him who comes in the name of YEHOVAH/Yeshua/Jesus to save them (Mt 23:37-39; Lk 21:24; Ps 137:4-6; Acts 4:10-12)
— The whole creation is groaning for this: are we groaning?!
–God’s peace plan is the shed blood of His Son on the cross.
6. Unity through tribulation, a purifying baptism of fire from the Lord (Acts 14:22; Phlp 3:8-15; Rev 3:18-22)
–Troubles bring us together.
–Endure to the end and overcome by faith.
–The word for the ‘narrow’ road and for ‘trouble/tribulation’ is the same in Hebrew: tzara. The Holy Spirit will bring us all into that narrow road that leads to life, and cause us to love one another through this unity of purpose.